Deadly Divide 2023
The Community and NGO Delegations to the Board of Stop TB Partnership is proud to share the full Deadly Divide 2.0 Report, called The Accountability Report of TB-affected Communities & Civil Society: Priorities to Close the Deadly Divide
Communication and Dissemination Toolkit
Download Templates in Spanish here:
Download Templates in French here:
DEADLY DIVIDE 2020
This first Deadly Divide report was developed in 2020 by the Stop TB Partnership Community, Developing Country NGO and Developed Country NGO Delegations through consultation with their constituents and other key stakeholders from over 60 countries. This report documents how – two years on from the United Nations High-Level Meeting on TB and the Political Declaration on the Fight Against Tuberculosis – there is a major gap between the targets endorsed by heads of state and governments, and the results achieved. This is felt most acutely within communities, where it results in deaths and suffering. A Deadly Divide is informed by extensive inputs from TB-affected communities and civil society throughout the world. It presents evidence and experiences for six key Areas for Action.
"There is a major – and deadly – divide between the commitments (what was promised in the Declaration) and the reality (what has been delivered on the ground). The world has taken its eye off TB – a situation exacerbated significantly by COVID-19. There is a need to re-galvanise global action".
Call to Action
1. Reach all people through TB prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care
2. Make the TB response rights-based, equitable and stigma-free, with communities at the centre
3. Accelerate the development of, and access to, essential new tools to end TB
4. Invest the funds necessary to end TB
5. Commit to accountability, multisectorality, and leadership on TB
6. Leverage Covid-19 as a strategic opportunity to end TB